Monday, May 17, 2010

Action Research and the Environment -Introductions


Hello all, 
My name is Alan Wight.  For the past 5 years I have been studying the various ways in which humans' interact with and perceive the natural environment (aka the earth).  I have become familiar with the history of the modern environmental movement and specifically ecovillages: non-violent, decentralized, bioregional-laboratories that focus on creating ecologically sustainable communities.  
Feel free to learn more about Cincinnati’s Enright Ridge Urban Ecovillage.
Currently, I am a graduate student in educational studies at the University of Cincinnati with interests in environmental education, Action Research, and how our education systems reproduce culture.  I engage in AR as an activist-scholar to develop an earth-centered ethic among the community, the academy, government, and industry.  Yes, we have our work cut out for us!  Along with my colleagues and fellow editors I am excited about this blog and our diversity of interests.  Every Monday I will be discussing the intersection of AR and the environment.  Please join us as we embark on this experiment of consuming conversation and deliberate debate!
Alan Wight                                                                                                                                                  
wightra@ucmail.uc.edu

1 comment: