Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My name is Vicki Stieha and I am an educational researcher at the University of Cincinnati. Along with several other people here at the UC Action Research Center, I’ll be blogging about AR and Education. My recent research includes inquiry research (Cochran-Smith & Lytle, 2009) with teachers who have participated in Summer Teachers Institutes to understand their learning and teaching practice following the Institute. I have also begun a new participatory action research project with a group of urban middle school girls who are helping us see their community and their school through their own eyes, by using photovoice. I love action research because of its unpredictability – it matches my belief that there are multiple truths and that important questions are the ones asked by those who are most impacted by their answers. I’m hoping that this blog will help those of us who are interested in education (and by that I am not restricting my thoughts to schooling, but thinking about education writ large) to explore questions and quandaries in our work, in others’ and in our own learning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment