Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Introduction of Juanjuan Zhao-Education and Action Research

My Name is Juanjuan Zhao. I am a doctoral student in Educational Studies and also a graduate assistant at Action Research Center at the University of Cincinnati. My focuses are both in educational and community-based action research. Here I'll be blogging about Education and Action Research.I came across action research when I was graduating from my master's program back in China and found it an interesting match with foreign language teaching. My recent research includes a participatory research approach:group level assessment with minority and immigrant children at a multilingual emergent school in Cincinnati and curriculum development for a Healthy Girls' Project. Action research as a theory and reserach method is transformative in terms of its cycles of reflective process, emancipatory roles of researchers and participants,strong links between theory and practice and collaborative inquiry,etc. I am looking forward to more discussions through our ARJ blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment